Parallels Desktop for Mac is the first solution for Intel-Macs that give you the flexibility of running Windows or Linux on a Mac simultaneously without rebooting. The upgraded 3.0 version delivers completely seamless user experience, native hardware experience and protection against mishaps.
Now you can enjoy great new features that make your life much easier: cross OS application & file integration with Parallels SmartSelect, offline access to virtual machine files with Parallels Explorer, improved Coherence 2.0, including shared folders and UI enhancements and Linux Tools for seamless integration between Mac OS X and Linux. Also, now available - 3D Graphics Support! Now you can play your favorite Windows-only games and run the most popular graphic applications on your Mac and enjoy the best of both worlds at the same time. Evaluate the expanded support for USB 2.0 devices, developed USB 2.0 connection assistant, which quickly connects you to the OS of your choice.
Hardware experience becomes easier with shared printers for cross OS printing and significantly enhancements performance and audio quality. Protect your data from mishaps. Hit a problem? Quickly and easily go back in time to a clean VM state, bulletproof your VMs with SnapShots, control the levels of integration and isolation with Security Manager and make your virtual machine read-only.
Easy to get started
* Installation Assistant helps you get Windows installed and running in only 3 clicks.
* Parallels Transporter lets you to migrate your entire existing Windows or Linux PC system to your Mac in just a few simple steps. Now you can even use FireWire!
Easy to Use
* Coherence lets you to run Windows programs just like native Mac applications! Now with Apple Exposé and Transparent Windows support.
* Open Windows files with Mac apps and Mac files with Windows apps using Parallels SmartSelect.
* Sync your Apple iPhone to your Windows virtual machine.
* Drag-and-drop and copy-and-paste between OS X and Windows.
* Windows Desktop, My Documents, and My Music now mirror the contents of your Mac’s Home Directory.
* Three viewing modes let you view Windows the way you want.
* VM catalog enables you to easily organize and manage multiple virtual machines.
* ‘Bulletproof’ your VM from mishaps and Windows system crashes with Parallels Snapshots. Create multiple snapshots and revert to any snapshot at any time.
* Control the level of integration between Windows and OS X with Parallels Security Manager.
* Create and configure shared folders ‘on the fly’.
* Use two identical CD/DVD drives in your Parallels virtual machine.
* Automatically mount your virtual machine’s hard drive on the Mac desktop for instant access to all of your files, regardless of their OS.
* Map Mac folders to Windows letter drives for quick and easy access to your favorite files from either OS.
It just works!
* Enhanced Mac OS X Leopard support means even faster, smoother OS integration.
* Run select PC-only 3D games and graphics applications.
* ‘Plug and play’ your favorite USB 2.0, USB 1.1, and other peripheral devices.
* Access your VM’s files and folders straight from the Mac desktop, even if your virtual machine is shut down or suspended, with Parallels Explorer. Now with Unicode Support!
* Change your virtual hard disk’s format and increase the size of your virtual drive with Parallels Image Tool.
Powerful and Efficient
* Parallels Desktop leads the industry as the most powerful desktop virtualization software, taking 100% advantage of Intel VT and delivering lighting-fast speed and rock-solid stability.
* Use a Windows XP or Vista Boot Camp partition as a virtual hard drive in your Parallels virtual machine. No need for separate installations of Windows for Boot Camp and Parallels!
* Support for the entire Windows family, any distribution of Linux, FreeBSD, Sun Solaris, OS/2 Warp, MS DOS, and more. Click here for a complete list.
* Run Parallels Compressor® to improve virtual machine performance and save valuable disk space.
Primary Operating System
Mac OS® X Tiger 10.4 or higher running on an Intel® Mac.
Mac Computer Support for any 32- or 64-bit Intel®-based Mac:
* Mac mini
* MacBook Pro
* MacPro Tower
Processors Support for any 32- or 64-bit any Intel® Core Duo processor featured in new Intel® Macs:
* Intel® Core Solo
* Intel® Core Duo
* Intel® Core 2 Duo
* Intel® Dual-Core Xeon
Includes full support for Intel Virtualization Technology (VT)
Memory Requirements 512 MB minimum available memory (1 GB recommended). Support for any memory configuration (up to 16 GB), without modifying your host system
Disk Space Software Installation – 70 MB of available hard drive space for Parallels Desktop for Mac installation. (Does not include hard drive space for guest virtual machine.)
Virtual Machine Installation – Hard drive space allocation for virtual machines is dependent upon the guest operating system. 15 GB of available hard drive space is recommended per virtual machine for Windows and Linux
CD-ROM CD-ROM drive for installation (if applicable)
Networking Internet connection is required to receive online Parallels Desktop for Mac product updates
16-bit or 32-bit display adapter recommended